Welcome to Device Research Laboratory at UCLA’s Electrical Engineering Department
Under the directorship of Prof. Kang L. Wang, Raytheon Chair Professor of Physical Science and Electronics, DRL’s Mission is to investigate new ideas and to develop innovative methods that will continue to push the frontier and shape the future of nanoelectronics and information processing platforms. Our group pursues frontier research in the fields of nanoelectronics and nanoarchitectures, spintronics and nanomagnetics; nanoscale science, devices and quantum systems; nonvolatile electronics and low dissipation devices; molecular beam epitaxy; optoelectronics and solar cells.
- Dec 1, 2013: Visiting scholar Prof. Feng Nian from the Beijing Inst. of Radio Metrology and Measurement has joined the DRL group
- Dec 1, 2013: DRL welcomes visiting scholar Prof. Baolu Guan from the Beijing University of Technology
- Dec 1, 2013: Farbod Ebrahimi has joined the DRL group as a Visiting Scholar.
- DRL Alumnus Dr. Mirko Poljak received two awards by the Dean and Faculty Council of Electrical Engineering and Computing. Josip Loncar Award for Outstanding PhD Thesis and Faculty Science Award for Research Achivements.
- DRL Alumnus Prof. Shoou-Jinn Chang has been elected as an IEEE Fellow effective Jan 1st 2014 for contributions to nanoscale photonic, electronic, and sensing devices.
- Visiting scholar Dr. Wenping Zhou from the Inner Mongolia University has joined the DRL group
- DRL welcomes visiting scholar Dr. Yonggang Zou from the Changchun University of Science & Technology, China
- Visiting scholar Dr. Wenqin Zou from Nanjing University, China has joined the DRL group
- Fischer, I.A., Gebauer, J., Rolseth, E., Winkel, P., Chang, L.-T., Wang, K.L., Surges, C., and Schulze, J., “Ferromagnetic Mn5Ge3C0.8 Contacts on Ge: Work Function and Specific Contact Resistivity”, Semiconductor Science and Technology, 28 (12): 125002/1-5. (October 24, 2013).
- Li, X., Yang, G, Torres, C.M., Zheng, D., and Wang, K.L., “A Class of Efficient Quantum Incrementer Gates for Quantum Circuit Synthesis”, International Journal of Modern Physics B. (Online October 17, 2013).
- Kou, X., Lang, M., Fan, Y., Jiang, Y., Nie, T., Zhang, J., Jiang, W., Wang, Y., Yao, Y., He, L., and Wang, K.L., “Interplay between Different Magnetisms in Cr-Doped Topological Insulators”, ACS Nano. (September 26, 2013)
- Kou, X., He, L., Lang, M., Fan, Y., Wong, K., Jiang, Y., Nie, T., Jiang, W., Upadhyaya, P., Xing, Z., Wang, Y., Xiu, F., Schwartz, R.N., and Wang, K.L., “Manipulating Surface–Related Ferromagnetism in Modulation-Doped Topological Insulators”, Nano Letters, 13 (10): 4587-4593. (September 10, 2013)
- Tang, J., Wang, C.-Y., Chang, L.-T., Fan, Y., Nie, T., Chan, M., Jiang, W., Chen, Y.-T., Yang, H.-J., Tuan, H.-Y., Chen, L.-J., and Wang, K.L, “Electrical Spin Injection and Detection in Mn5Ge3/Ge/Mn5Ge3 Nanowire Transistors”, Nano Letters. (Accepted August 12, 2013)
- Poljak, M., Suligoj, T., and Wang, K., “Influence of Substrate Type and Quality on Carrier Mobility in Graphene Nanoribbons”, Journal of Applied Physics, 114 (5): 053701/1-8. (August 1, 2013)